Monday 30 May 2011

Championship Play Off Final

One of my favourite non Chelsea fixtures of the season today with the big one from Wembley,the Championship Play Off Final with the winners grabbing a place in the Premiership. On paper,Reading are the form team and with a Longy in their side,they are probably just favourites to win this. Manager Brian McDermott has performed a minor miracle since taking over last season when the club were bottom of that League so credit where credit is due.

However,I am rooting for the Swans today (probably because I had £20 on them to win the play-offs at 5/2!) Manager Brendan Rodgers of course has that Chelsea connection as has Scott Sinclair and on loan Italian star of the future,Fabio Borini so thats another reason I want them to win.

So my heart says Swansea but my head says Reading. It should be a good one!


EDIT: A great game won by Swansea 4 2. Chuffed to bits for them (and my wallet) A hat-trick for Chelsea old boy Scott Sinclair too. A deserved win and welcome to the Premier League Swansea City!

10 comments:

  1. out of qpr,norwich and the winners today,do you think any will last more than 1 season in the premiership?im thinking possibly qpr have the best chance but i wouldnt be surprised to see all 3 promoted clubs go straight back down

    gobshyte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question Gob. To be honest I think Norwich will let in a hatful of goals like Blackpool this season and might struggle but I have a feeling they might just stay up.

    Swansea and Reading I don't think will.

    QPR,well I hope they go right back where they belong. Unless they ditch Warnock,they are doomed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i listened to the game on the bbc and it sounded brilliant.lets see if they can replicate any of that form next season!

    gobshyte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you £50 profit :)
    I'm only disappointed because Reading are yet another bogey team for the Hammers, so I'd prefer to play Swansea next season :)

    Lee - Anonymous posting seems to work here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers Lee. Have you tried signing in on another browser other than Firefox? That might work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Longy

    Congrats to Swansea City.

    Have you had time to digest Barcelona's total domination of Man U?Barcelona played the game at a totally different level.Apparently the Man U fans left Wembley in shocked silence.Barcelona made their team look like amateurs.

    The skill and tenacity of Barcelona was awe inspiring.The speed,the one touch triangles,the sudden overlaps,the denying Man U any space,winning all loose balls etc.

    And Barcelona play as a team.A group of talented players playing as a team.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched it Doug yes and Barca were very impressive. They owed the world a performance like that after all the antics in the Real Madrid semi final. I must confess I wanted Utd to beat them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sparky has resigned from fulham!

    gobshyte

    ReplyDelete
  9. A new manger for Aston Villa then Gobsyte

    ReplyDelete