Friday 16 July 2010

My football season starts tomorrow

How can you get excited by a 500 mile round trip for a pre-season friendly away at Crystal Palace? Good question but I am. I can't wait for tomorrow. We are not even playing a full strength side as the players on World Cup duty won't be there. But at least I'll get to see Yossi Benayoun in a Chelsea shirt for the first time eh? Maybe I'm not so excited afterall then!


EDIT: A one nil win for the lads. No Benayoun and only Cech,Alex,Mikel and Essien recognised first teamers in the starting line up. Loads of reserves and youth team players played or came on as subtitute's which was good to see. A lovely sunny day,kick-off delayed 15 minutes due to the 21,000+ attendance,nice pre-match ciders in the local boozers and it was great to be back watching what I love - the beautiful game!

3 comments:

  1. ive been told at work today that fulham have just confirmed martin jol as their new manager.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bad choice Gobshyte to be fair. Better than Sven or Hughes anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good appointment in my view. Looks like there going to keep Shwarzer as well.

    ReplyDelete